CEO of IDEO and Father of Design Thinking
Through the collaboration of the 21st Century Learning HOD - Russell Lidgard, our team has been able to make a significant impact on the teaching mindset, learning environment and leadership of this state college.
Watch this video to understand how Design Thinking and working with our team has transformed the syllabus aligned content to purposefully impact education and future proof the students of Kawana Waters State College.
The 1ON!® Learning - Design Thinking Workshop involves a ‘hands-on’ experience facilitated by the team at Inspired Education Australia with the support of various industry partners for Queensland high school teachers and staff members. This Design Thinking Experience is a practical approach for new age teaching and the future of design.
It will provide your teachers and staff a introductory level of understanding on the Design Thinking principles, key tools, terminology and methodologies. The program is based on the three primary values of Design Thinking - empathy, collaboration and experimentation. The focus of this course will be hands-on including students participating in the workshop activity (guided by our team and your teachers), where they complete a real-world project to problem solve and develop their mindset and skills.
• How to successfully innovate after going through the Design Thinking Approach and on a real-world problem
• A mindset to solve complex problems, teaching and facilitating in the classroom
• Practical research tools to drive empathy in a project, how to co-create and collaborate with others as well as how to prototype any ideas with students at an engaging level
• How to deliver the new-age of high quality teaching - regardless of the subject!
• Better equipped to collaborate with other teachers and colleagues
• Learn how to deliver Design Thinking in the classroom
• Learn to empathise and facilitate a design studio
• Gain skills required for 2 x phase Design thinking in the classroom
• Confidence in creative skills
• Confidence for complex problem solving
• Adapted growth mindset to learn quickly and prototype for innovation