11aug9:00 am3:30 pmCancelledVR Experience for Design Teachers - BrisbaneVirtual Reality + Augmented Reality + Mixed Reality Education180807 Did not meet minimum ticket sales and VR team did not want to postpone to Term IV. Sorry! Tickets registration is closed.
Virtual Reality has emerged as a crucial new medium and a creative platform in a variety of fields. From storytelling to design to healthcare to design thinking —Join us and
Virtual Reality has emerged as a crucial new medium and a creative platform in a variety of fields. From storytelling to design to healthcare to design thinking —Join us and learn from the best in the industry on how current teachers can harness the power of VR in the class room.
Who should attend? Current & Future Design Teachers – Graphics, Manual Arts, Arts, Film & TV, Science teachers of secondary education.
For the first time ever Inspired Education Australia in partnership with SuperManual Studio and other various industry partners is offering a one of a kind Professional Development for Queensland high school teachers on Virtual Reality (VR) centred around the implementation in the classroom and suitable Teaching Strategies.
This full day training will be held in a state of the art STUDIO environment with the best VR equipment available – Oculus Rifts and Samsung Gear VR.
Event: VR Experience for Design Teachers – Brisbane
Date: Saturday 11th August 2018
Time: 9am – 3.30pm (arrive at 8.30am)
Venue: Prospect Studio (Address: 52 Prospect St. Fortitude Valley QLD 2006)
Investment: $497 + GST (Early Bird $397 + GST – Sale Ends 28th July 2018)
This VR experience will be centred around:
- Engineering & Spatial (Architectural visualization, layout, interior design) including SketchUp & Revit
- Training & eLearning (Healthcare, mining/construction examples) featuring the SuperManual platform
- Storytelling Media & The Arts (VR film, documentary, creative) featuring the filmmakers behind Inside Manus Island
- Design Thinking in 3D (Presentation, mood boards, prototyping) using your own media.
Best of all… Every teacher will experience all the topics!
9am – 10am – Introduction to VR/AR/MR
Be part of the audience where VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality) and MR (Mixed Reality) will be unfolded, introduced and demonstrated.
10am – 12pm – Engineering & Spatial + Training & eLearning
Hands-on experience with industry standard software applications (SketchUp & Revit) for visualization, design and fabrication. Learn about the new possibilities for production pipelines in the age of personal manufacturing. Build virtual environments with real world scale and application.
1pm – 3pm – Storytelling Media & The Arts + Design Thinking in 3D
Experience award winning immersive storytelling and understand what makes good and bad immersive content. Understand the terminology and techniques of this new medium and how to create linear and non-linear narrative.
3pm – 3.30pm – Q&A with the VR Professionals
Speak to a group of practicing VR industry professionals on VR, AR, MR and more!
*All tasks are designed to be implemented to suit various classroom Teaching Strategies*
Early Bird Tickets – On sale now!
Teachers subscribing to the DESIGN TEACHER’S RESOURCES PORTAL can log-in and purchase tickets with a 10% off discount, on top of the Early Bird discount!
10% off on top! – All Resources Portal (RP) Subscribers can receive discounted tickets by logging-in before you purchase.
…and YES! The 10% off is on top of the Early Bird special, if you are quick!
ATTEND FOR FREE!
Teachers part of THE LEARNING GATEWAY (TLG) program can reserve tickets for free!
Sign up for TLG Program now to receive tickets for free for all the PD Masterclasses the entire year – Visit www.get-inspiredpd.com.au and follow the prompts or email email@example.com with your school name and interest.
A catered lunch will be provided along with printed resources to take back to your school!
- Why is it on a Saturday? Because your school does not have to find relief teachers and we have had a lot of request from teachers for PD events on the weekend!
- How do I get there? Drive n’ Park, Train to Exhibition Station
- Where can I park? Plenty of street parking is available in Prospect St, Hynes St, Light St. Alternatively you can book SecureParking (https://secureaspot.secureparking.com.au/MyHome)
- Do we get to use the VR headsets as a hands on event? You bet! Is there a better way?
- What VR Equipment will we get to use? Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR
Feel free to get in contact with the Inspired team at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
52 Prospect St. Fortitude Valley QLD 2006
Inspired Education Australiaget@inspiredgrp.com.au PO Box 6198 Upper Mt. Gravatt QLD 4122