You can turn your head off and just sort of dissolve into the now.
NYC Artist, New York Times
The 1ON!® Learning - Sketching Masterclass involves a ‘hands-on’ experience facilitated by the team at Inspired Education Australia with the support of various industry partners for Queensland high school teachers and staff members. This fully immersive learning experience is a practical approach for new age teaching focussing on a key skill in design and all creative faculties.
This masterclass will be centred around the knowledge, application and implementation in the classroom and suitable Teaching Strategies for Sketching.
Sketching is a vital skill to any designer. Whether it be an Architect, Industrial Designer, Fashion Designer, Game Designer or any other type of Designer, sketching is the best method to design, iterate and communicate ideas. There is no question about the importance of this skill in the industry and to our most valuable asset - our students!
Sketching ideas are the first steps in the design process and something every designer should do. Sketching is not just limited to designers, it occurs in many careers that require something to get built. The beauty of sketching is that you are not required to be an artist to produce them. Sketching is only to help explore and explain design concepts.
Sketches can be easily created using pen and paper or a whiteboard. Using something permanent like a pen or marker is best. The idea is to keep your sketches fast, rough and dirty. This helps you worry less on design aesthetics and focus more on rapid formulation of ideas.
Explore a number of sketching techniques in the context of design thinking along with various tasks, lesson plans and exercises applicable in a Design/Arts or STEaM classroom aligned with industry practice. As a teacher, you can now learn:• Design Thinking & Sketch knowledge
• Sketching and extrapolating information quickly
• Design Thinking in perspective (Industrial Design focus)
• Diagramming (Architectural focus)
• Rendering and Visualisation
Best of all… Every teacher will experience all the topics!
• Better equipped to implement sketching with other teachers and colleagues
• Learn how to confidently deliver sketching related lessons in your classroom
• Learn to empathise and facilitate a design studio with sketching activities
• Confidence in creative skills
• Communicate ideas quicker with various sketching techniques for design progression
USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY