In this inaugral episode, Andrew unveils his vast experience in tertiary level design education - the tricks, tips and how it's done with his leadership at QUT (Queensland University of Technology). Along side this, we explored his undying passion and excitement for sketching and especially, sketching using the latest tablet technology. Find out what the best apps, platforms and techniques for you to get started.
Andrew Scott has been practicing and teaching industrial design for three decades. His experience as a design consultant has included work in industrial design, ergonomics, corporate identity and entertainment concepts for clients such as World Expo 88, the Civil Aviation Authority, Spectra Lighting and other businesses in the Brisbane area. He is Senior Lecturer at the School of Design, Queensland University of Technology and teaches predominantly in the first year of the programe. In 2010 he received the Australian Learning and Teaching Council’s award for Teaching Excellence for this teaching. He is committed to developing design education in high schools and was a member of the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority’s Expert Writing Team for the 2019 Design Syllabus. Andrew’s research interests include user/product emotional attachment and interface design. Other interests include product aesthetics, graphical literacy and information design. He is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Fellow of the Design Institute of Australia.
- S03 : Ep. 22 : Investing in the 21st Century with Nathan Birch
- S03 : Ep. 21 : The 5 Inner Critics and how these Design our life
- S03 : Ep. 18 : Mindfulness in 21st Century Education with Amy Lou Wilson
- S03 : Ep. 17 : The Future of Visualisation in Design with Christopher Nichols
- S03 : Ep. 16 : Designing Ethical Communication with Ryan Tuckwood
- S03 : Ep. 15 : Autodesk’s Future of Making and the AEC Industry with Adam Walmsley